1. Honor our Veterans in spectacular fashion. Friday, November 11th. Opening Day at the Bing Crosby Season features an All-American Salute. We’re talking parachutists jumping out of the sky, and a huge American flag unfurling over the track. Take your turn at the Stars and Stripes Fashion Contest. Oh, and there’s also racing.
2. Free Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals. Saturday, November 12th. Who’s going to pass up a free chance to see Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals rock Del Mar? Here’s a preview of your day - you scream as you win the exacta in the 4th. After the races, you see Ben Harper and you scream some more. It’s free with admission.
3. See Iration at America’s coolest Reggae Fest. Saturday, November 19th. Chilling out in the sun in November just doesn’t happen anywhere else. Come on, mon this is Del Mar - where the turf meets the surf meets reggae. You not only get to see Iration live, but also Through the Roots. It’s free with admission.
4. Start a new Thanksgiving tradition. Thursday, November 24th. See how much fun you can stuff in before turkey dinner. The Family Mile Fun Run starts at 8 a.m., followed by early 11a.m. racing. Or bring the family, grab a table at the Turf Club for a special Thanksgiving Day menu - thanks to the Bing Crosby Season!
5. Beer, cider and truck, yum! Saturday, November 26th. Whoever thought of this one is a genius. Del Mar is hosting a free 2 for 1 – The Craft Beer & Cider Fest plus Gourmet Food Truck Festival. Over 30 gourmet food trucks are hooking up with over 100 craft beers and ciders. Sample the season’s best food and drink.