Rules & Regulations
For the safety of patrons and horses, we ask that you please observe the following rules and regulations when visiting Del Mar.
- Children 17 years and younger receive free admission to the venue and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Concerts are ages 18 & up only.
- Patrons must be at least 18 years of age to wager at the facility.
Food & Beverage
- Personal food and non-alcholic beverages are welcome to the racetrack, except in trackside restaurant table seating.
- Alcoholic beverages and glass containers of any kind are prohibited from all areas of the track, including parking areas.
- Coolers must be small, hand-held and able to be stored beneath reserved seats in the grandstand.
- Larger coolers are permitted in infield and apron areas of the stretch run.
- Barbeques are not permitted in any area of the track, including infield and parking areas.
Chairs, Umbrellas and Misc Objects
- Folding chairs are permitted in Stretch Run Apron, Infield and designated areas of the Concert Area only. They are not permitted in the Clubhouse or Plaza de Mexico.
- Umbrellas are only permitted in the Infield, they are not permitted in the paddock area, concert area or any area where they may be deemed a danger to the horses.
- Chairs, umbrellas and other objects must be placed a safe distance away from fences and railings.
- Please avoid bringing any objects that are likely to frighten the horses. The following items are prohibited:
- Animals (except service animals)
- Controlled Substances
- Frisbees & Hula Hoops
- Glass Bottles
- Laser Pointers
- Poles & Tripods
- Skateboards & Razor Scooters
- Tents & Awnings
- Whistles & Noise-making devices
- The Del Mar Thoroughbred Club reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any person whose conduct the management deems to be disorderly or intrusive upon the enjoyment of other guests.
- California State Law prohibits smoking at public facilities. Del Mar Thoroughbred Club has instituted a NO SMOKING (including electronic cigarettes) policy in most areas.
- In the interest of accommodating the safety and comfort of all patrons, smokers are asked to refrain from smoking in all indoor areas, outdoor seating, along with concert venues during concerts, and eating areas, including all restaurants, Turf Club tables, Stretch Run and Clubhouse seats and Luxury Suite tables.
- Smoking is permitted only in designated outdoor areas where seating is not provided, including ramps, paddock viewing areas, Clubhouse and Stretch Run entry plazas and south facing patios.
- Smoking is not permitted during concerts.
Vehicles, Bicycles and Parking
- No overnight parking is allowed.
- "Tail-gate" parties are not permitted before, during or after the races.
- Parking at the races does not create a bailment and DMTC is not responsible for damage to your vehicle or loss or theft of contents.
- Vehicles may be towed or moved in the event DMTC determines it necessary for safety or security reasons or if otherwise illegally parked.
- Bicycles must be parked and locked in designated bicycle parking areas. Bicycles locked to fences, gates, handrails may be removed.