Santa Anita Winter Spring 2018 Rules
Del Mar On-Line Handicapping Contest
Santa Anita December 26, 2017 – June 24, 2018
- Format: The Contest is free to enter. Participants place mythical wagers on one designated Santa Anita race per racing day beginning December 26, 2017 and ending June 24, 2018. Win, Place or Show wagers only. Contestants may place as many wagers in as many different combinations for a total of up to $100 per race. In order to be eligible to win prizes, contestants must wager on a minimum of 50 races. Wagers less than $100 will count towards the minimum 50 races required to qualify for prizes. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. CONTESTANTS MUST PLACE AND SUBMIT THEIR OWN WAGERS AND ANYONE FOUND TO BE SUBMITTING SELECTIONS FOR MORE THAN ONE ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Scoring: The contestant with the highest mythical score after the last Contest race is the winner. THERE IS A PAYOFF ODDS CAP OF 30-TO-1 ON ALL WAGERS. The mythical bankroll is scored like live money. For example, a $100 wager that loses will result in a -$100 score.
- Prizes: The top ten finishers will receive Del Mar prizes. Winners will select from various Del Mar related prize options determined by their finishing position. There will be no substitution of prizes and no cash paid in lieu of stated prizes. The top ten will be determined from among contestants who wagered on 50 or more races during the course of the contest.
- Eligibility: Players must be at least 18 years of age to participate. The following are ineligible to participate: employees of the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club (DMTC), Select Web Ventures, Licensed Thoroughbred Trainers, or any of their subsidiaries or members of the immediate families of the foregoing. Only residents of the United States and Canada may win prizes. Residents of other countries are not eligible to win any prizes. Void where prohibited by law.
- Placing Contest Wagers: The designated race each day will be a race deemed to offer a competitive handicapping challenge. Management reserves the right to select any race as a contest race. For the convenience of contestants, past performances for contest races will generally be available by 2 p.m. (PDT) the day before the race is run. Participants may change or cancel their plays at any time up to the Contest closing time of the race, generally the scheduled post time. To change your wagers for a contest race, click on the link for that date under "Upcoming Races." If a horse is scratched after a wager is placed, it is the player’s responsibility to change his/her selection prior to the race subject to all other contest wagering rules.
- Conduct of Contest: Contest races will be available for participant entry as soon as possible. There are no guarantees of a minimum time a race will be available. However, due to the vagaries of electronic delivery, some races may be available sooner than others, and some may not be available at all. Because contest races may be open before the program is finalized, contest numbers will often not match program numbers. If, for some reason, a race is not made available or other technical issues arise, the contest administrators reserve the right to reduce the minimum entry eligibility requirements.
- Judging and Disputes: Each participant acknowledges and expressly agrees that DMTC, through its management, shall have the sole and exclusive right to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to this Challenge and all decisions of DMTC shall be final and binding and by entering the Challenge each participant waives and forever relinquishes any and all claims for damage or recourse of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether legal, equitable or otherwise. All questions not covered in these rules shall be decided by the management of the DMTC with those decisions to be final and binding on all participants. DMTC reserves the right to change, alter or cancel the Challenge at any time. Anyone found to have engaged in or attempting to engage in any act that Challenge Officials believe in their sole and absolute discretion compromises, could compromise or calls into question the competitive integrity of this contest or otherwise violates any of the rules will be subject to sanctions imposed by DMTC management that may include, but shall not be limited to the following: forfeiture of prizes; disqualification from the contest; loss of privilege to participate in future Del Mar Handicapping Challenges; or any combination of sanctions.