Rules and Regulations
For the safety of patrons and horses, we ask that you please observe the following rules and regulations when visiting Del Mar.
No alcoholic beverages or glass containers may be brought to any area of the racetrack, including parking areas.
Other Food and Beverage
You are welcome to bring personal food and non-alcoholic beverages to the racetrack. No glass containers are permitted. In Clubhouse and Stretch Run Reserved Seating Areas, coolers must be small, hand-held and able to be stored beneath reserved seats. In the Stretch Run Apron and Infield Areas, larger coolers may be used. In Trackside Restaurants (Clubhouse Terrace, Stretch Run Grill, and Café del Sol), no outside food, beverages, or coolers are permitted. Barbeques are not permitted in any area, including the infield and parking lots.
Chairs, Umbrellas, and Other Objects
- Folding chairs are permitted in the Stretch Run Apron and Infield Areas only. Folding chairs are not permitted in the Clubhouse or Plaza de Mexico, or the Seaside Terrace, new location of the Four O'Clock Friday Concert Series.
We ask that you avoid bringing any objects that are likely to frighten the horses. The following items are prohibited:
- Hula Hoops
- Whistles or other noise-making devices
- Umbrellas are only permitted in the Stretch Run Infield Area.
In the Stretch Run Infield Area, chairs, umbrellas and other objects must be placed a safe distance away from fences and railings.
California State Law prohibits smoking at public facilities. Del Mar Thoroughbred Club has instituted a NO SMOKING policy in most areas. In the interest of accommodating the safety and comfort of all patrons, smokers are asked to refrain from smoking in all indoor areas, outdoor seating, along with concert venues during concerts, and eating areas, including all restaurants, Turf Club tables, Stretch Run and Clubhouse seats and Luxury Suite tables. Smoking is permitted only in designated outdoor areas where seating is not provided, including ramps, paddock viewing areas, Clubhouse, Stretch Run, Turf Club entry plazas and south facing patios.
Smoking at Concerts
Smoking is not permitted during concerts in the Seaside Terrace or the Invield.
Vehicles, Bicycles and Parking
No overnight parking is allowed. "Tail-gate" parties are not permitted before, during or after the races. Parking at the races does not create a bailment and DMTC is not responsible for damage to your vehicle or loss or theft of contents. Vehicles may be towed or moved in the event DMTC determines it necessary for safety or security reasons or if otherwise illegally parked.
Bicycles must be parked and locked in designated bicycle parking areas. Bicycles locked to fences, gates, handrails may be removed.
Skateboard and Razor Scooters are not allowed.
Service Animals are welcome per ADA regulations.
Children 17 years and younger will be admitted for free to the venue and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
Turf Club Dress Policy
The Turf Club is a private club open to members and their guests. The Turf Club enforces the following dress policy:
- For gentlemen, a suit or sport jacket must be worn at all times. Ties are optional. Jeans, denim pants, shorts, t-shirts, windbreakers, turtlenecks, polo-style shirts, tennis shoes and athletic shoes are not allowed.
- For ladies, suits, daytime dresses, and sundresses are allowed. Slacks may be worn with a tailored jacket. Jeans, denim material, tennis shoes, shorts and abbreviated attire are not allowed.