Frequently Asked Questions
|Summer Season||Fall Season||Off Season|
|Mondays - Tuesdays||9 am - 5 pm||Closed||
9 am - 5 pm
|Wednesdays - Fridays||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Saturdays - Sundays||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm||Closed|
- Priority renewal is given to previous season's groups.
- New group reservation bookings begin in April.
- Download Group Reservation Form.
Food & Beverage Options
- Catering Service is available through our exclusive caterer - Premier Food Services. Contact: (858) 755-6345
- Provide your party with Food & Beverage script for use at track restaurants and concession stands.
- Complimentary parking is offered for charter buses displaying a bus parking pass. Must be requested in advance.
- Parking fees are charged on a per-vehicle basis when entering the facility, cash only. No re-entry allowed.
- General or Valet parking passes may be purchased in advance. Advanced parking tickets are not valid for concert parking after the last race.
- For additional transportation options, click here.
What time do the gates open and when is the first race?
- Daily gates open and post times vary and are listed on the Racing Calendar.
- Typically 2 PM First Post (4 PM Fridays) during Summer and 12:30 PM First Post during Fall.
Is catering included with my purchase?
- Food and beverage is available for an additional cost through our exclusive caterer, Premier Food Services. Contact: (858) 755-6345
How do I get a message on the Video Board?
- Video Board requests must be made at the time of your reservation and are subject to availability.
What is the difference between Clubhouse and Stretch Run?
- The Clubhouse is the area past (east of) the finish line and clubhouse admission provides access to the entire facility.
- The Stretch Run is the area prior to (west of) the finish line and stretch run admission does not provide access to Clubhouse areas.
- Del Mar is an outdoor facility and does not cancel racing due to rain. Reserved Seats and Trackside Dining Tables are located outside and may get wet when it rains. In the event of rain, we will try to make alternate seating arrangements (based on availability) however refunds and rain checks are not offered for inclement weather.
- Seat and table tickets returned for refund must be received at least seven days prior to the event. Minimum group size must be maintained.
- Returns are subject to a 40% service charge. Minimum service charge is $10.
- Skyrooms, suites and other private areas: written notification and all tickets must be received at least thirty days prior to the event in order to effect a refund.
- Dates and/or areas are not transferable.
- In the event Del Mar officials cancel or postpone racing on your race day, we will issue a full refund for funds paid to DMTC.
- Premier Food Services maintains an exclusive contract with the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club. Bringing food and beverages into the racetrack - other than the infield - is prohibited. Details.