Beat Ray | 2020 Bing Crosby Rules
2020 Del Mar Bing Crosby Season
Online Handicapping Contest
Saturday, October 31 - Sunday, November 29
- Format: The Beat Ray Contest (“Contest”) is free to enter. Participants place mythical wagers on a designated Del Mar race per racing day beginning October 31, 2020 and ending November 29, 2020. Win, Place or Show wagers only. Contestants may place as many wagers in as many different combinations for a total of up to $100 per race. A total of 20 races are expected be offered over the 15 fall race days. In order to be eligible to win any prize offered, contestants must wager on a minimum of 10 races. For a race to count for the minimum number requirement, the full $100 must be wagered. Wagers less than $100 will be scored but will not count towards the minimum number of races to qualify for prizes. On occasion, a top stakes race from another track may be added or two Del Mar races on one day. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. CONTESTANTS MUST PLACE AND PHYSICALLY SUBMIT THEIR OWN WAGERS FROM THEIR OWN DEVICES AND ANYONE FOUND TO BE SUBMITTING SELECTIONS FOR MORE THAN ONE ENTRY MAY BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Scoring: The contestant with the highest mythical score after the last Contest race is the winner. THERE IS A PAYOFF ODDS CAP OF 20-TO-1 ON WIN WAGERS AND 10-TO-1 ON PLACE/SHOW WAGERS. The mythical bankroll is scored like live money and based on net winnings. For example, a $100 wager that loses results in a -$100 score or a $100 wager that pays $850 results in net winnings of $750.
Grand Prize: Grand Prize: Two VIP tickets to the Friday and Saturday 2021 Breeders’ Cup World Championship at Del Mar. Total value $1,000. Grand Prize winners will be required to produce a valid photo I.D. showing the name and address used to enroll in the contest.
Top 10 Prizes: The top 10 finishers will receive Del Mar prizes. Winners will select from various Del Mar related prize options with the value determined by their finishing position. There will be no substitution of prizes and no cash paid in lieu of stated prizes.
Beat Ray 20 Prize Winners: All eligible participants that finish ahead of Ray will be entered into a random drawing to determine 20 prizewinners. Various Del Mar related prize options to be determined. Ray’s results will be posted on the standings page at www.dmtc.com. There are no substitution of prizes and no cash paid in lieu of stated prizes.
- Eligibility: Contest participants must be at least 18 years of age by October 31, 2020, to participate. The following are ineligible to participate: employees of the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club (DMTC), Licensed Thoroughbred Trainers, or any of their subsidiaries or members of the immediate families of the foregoing. Only residents of the United States and Canada may win prizes. Residents of other countries are not eligible to win any prizes. Void where prohibited by law.
- Placing Contest Wagers: The designated race(s) each day will be a race deemed to offer a competitive wagering challenge. Management reserves the right to select any race as a contest race. For the convenience of contestants, past performances for contest races will generally be available around Noon (PDT) the day before the race is run. Participants may change or cancel their plays at any time up to the Contest closing time of the race, generally the scheduled post time. To change your wagers for a contest race, click on the link for that date under "Upcoming Races." If a horse is scratched after a wager is placed, it is the player’s responsibility to change his/her selection prior to the race subject to all other contest wagering rules.
- Ties: If there is a tie for prizes, the prize will go to the player with the most $100 wagers throughout the contest. If there is still a tie, the player with the most money earned on the last contest race day, then second to last contest day, etc. until a winner is declared. If there is still a tie, a one-day contest determined by DMTC will decide the tie.
- Conduct of Contest: Contest races will be available as soon as possible. Due to the vagaries of electronic delivery, some races may be available sooner than others and some may not be available at all. If for some reason, a race is not made available, technical issues arise or race days are canceled, the contest administrators reserve the right to reduce the minimum entry eligibility requirements. Because contest races may be open before the program is finalized, contest numbers may not match program numbers.
- Judging and Disputes: Each participant acknowledges and expressly agrees that DMTC, through its management, shall have the sole and exclusive right to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to this Contest and all decisions of DMTC shall be final and binding and by entering the Contest each participant waives and forever relinquishes any and all claims for damage or recourse of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether legal, equitable or otherwise. All questions not covered in these rules shall be decided by the management of the DMTC with those decisions to be final and binding on all participants. DMTC reserves the right to change, alter or cancel the Contest at any time. Anyone found to have engaged in or attempting to engage in any act that DMTC Officials believe in their sole and absolute discretion compromises, could compromise, creates a competitive advantage, calls into question the competitive integrity of this contest or otherwise violates any of the rules will be subject to disqualification from all prizes. In the event errors are detected, the contest administrators agree to do whatever possible to correct mistakes.
- Release and Waiver of Liability: By participating in the Contest, participants agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless DMTC and each of their respective corporate affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever (however named or described) for injuries, death, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with: (i) your participation in the Contest; and (ii) the receipt, use or misuse of any prizes awarded in connection therewith, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any contest-related activity, including those damages caused by any Released Party’s own negligence. DMTC expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any prizes awarded in connection with the Contest. In consideration for receipt of any prize awarded in connection with the Contest, each individual hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of such individual’s name, photograph, likeness (including his/her voice), biographical information and statements concerning the Contest, in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the DMTC and each of their respective corporate affiliates.
- Notice to Online Participants: The Released Parties shall not be liable for problems uploading or downloading any Contest-related information from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by DMTC on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the Contest. If applicable, mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices will be disqualified, as well as any individual participant determined to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest web site or otherwise acting in violation of these Rules and Regulations.
Last updated 10.7.20