Rules & Regulations
Saturday, November 27, 2021
RULES AND REGULATIONS
To Enter, Player Bankroll and Deposit: TThe Del Mar Fall Challenge (the “Challenge”) is a “real money” handicapping contest of skill conducted on-track at Del Mar or online through TVG.com or 4NJBets. Registration and deposits for the Challenge must be made through Del Mar Thoroughbred Club. Total entries are limited to 85. Entry is confirmed by submitting a $3,000 deposit per entry, of which $2,000 is the live bankroll for wagering and $1,000 goes to the Challenge prize pool. Entries past 85 will be put on a waiting list. At the conclusion of the Challenge, any dollar amounts remaining in the live bankroll, whether it grows to $20,000 or falls to $500, remains the property of the participant. Up to a maximum of two entries per person are allowed. The deadline to register for the Challenge for on-track participation is 12:00 noon Pacific Time on Saturday, November 27 and for online participation, 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Friday, November 26. A valid account with TVG or 4NJBets account must exist before participating in the Challenge. The Challenge is sponsored solely by Del Mar Thoroughbred Club (“Del Mar” or “DMTC”), located at 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd., Del Mar, CA 92014
Pay by credit card: CLICK HERE.
For other payment methods: Contact email@example.com.
Races: Challenge races on Saturday, November 27 include all Del Mar live races (9 expected).
Wagers: THE ONLY WAGER TYPES PERMITTED ARE WIN, PLACE, SHOW, EXACTA, TRIFECTA and DAILY DOUBLE. For Challenge purposes, Double wagers count towards the race in which the wager was made, not when the wager is paid out. All other wager types are not permitted and will subject players to disqualification.
PLAYERS MAY WAGER ANY AMOUNT OF THEIR BANKROLL, INCLUDING WINNINGS, AT ANY TIME. A MINIMUM OF $500 MUST BE WAGERED PER RACE ON AT LEAST THREE (3) RACES AND PLAYERS MUST WAGER A MINIMUM TOTAL OF $2,000 DURING THE CHALLENGE.
Should a player fail to bet the required minimum number of races (3) at the minimum wager amount ($500 on three races plus $500 additional) required, the player will be disqualified from all prizes unless the tournament officials in their sole discretion determine that outside factors affected the player’s ability to wager the minimum amounts. There are no caps on payouts. The player with the highest Challenge score after the last Del Mar race is the First Place winner. The remaining balance in your Challenge bankroll account will be transferred to your main TVG account.
Prizes: 100% of the total prize money pool will be returned in cash and prizes. $85,000 in total prizes.
Place Cash Prize
1st $15,000 $10,000 2022 BCBC Entry 2022 NHC Entry, Hotel & $550 Travel OR $5,500 Cash* 2nd $5,000 $10,000 2022 BCBC Entry 2022 NHC Entry, Hotel & $550 Travel OR $5,500 Cash* 3rd $10,000 2022 BCBC Entry 2022 NHC Entry, Hotel & $550 Travel 4th $10,000 2022 BCBC Entry 5th 2022 NHC Entry, Hotel & $550 Travel 6th $3,000
*First and second place may select a NHC entry or $5,500 cash. Third and fifth place finishers will receive NHC entries. Two NHC entries must be awarded. If two NHC entries are not awarded to the third and fifth place finishers due to ineligibility, the next highest placing eligible NHC Tour member(s) starting with 6th place will receive the NHC entry. If there is a cash prize in that placing, the NHC entry will be substituted for the cash prize. The cash prize will be awarded to the finisher that was ineligible for the NHC entry.
BCBC: Three $10,000 2022 BCBC entries to be awarded to first through fourth-place finishers. Please note that the BCBC entries are fully transferable to another person. There is no cash option or other alternative to the BCBC entry.
NHC: Prior to the start of the Challenge, all participants that wish to compete for a NHC entry must be registered as 2021 members of the NHC Tour, www.nhctour.com. This is an official NHC Tour event. Per the NHC, NHC Tour points are awarded in accordance with the official NHC Tour rules which can be found at www.nhctour.com. NHC entry winners receive a 4 night stay at Bally's Las Vegas and a $550 travel stipend to be included with the cash prize payment if applicable.
- Challenge Bankroll/Placing Wagers:
On-track: Each on-track participant will be issued a player account wagering card used for all wagers. The card contains the “real money” bankroll of $2,000. Upon receipt of the player card, participant should test the card to verify it is working properly. If a player loses his/her card or the card is not working, the player should immediately report to Challenge officials to resolve the issue. All wagers must be placed through self-service machines, located throughout the facility. The self-service machines do not print out wagering vouchers. However, previous wagers can be reviewed on the self-service machines. Wagers will not be accepted through mutuel tellers.
TVG.com or 4NJBets: The Challenge wagers must be placed through the online contest account which will be loaded with the $2,000 starting bankroll. If a player has purchased multiple entries, it’s recommended to open two different browser windows and log into each Challenge account in different windows to place wagers.
No person shall directly or indirectly act as an intermediary, transmitter or agent in placing wagers for the player, unless expressly authorized by Challenge Officials. Official track rulings will apply to wagers and Challenge scoring is based on official mutuel payoffs at Del Mar. If a player wagers on a track other than Del Mar for purposes of the contest, the player may be subject to disqualification.
- Advance Wagering: Advance wagering is not permitted unless prior express approval has been obtained by a Challenge Official. Wagers must be placed after the race prior has been declared official. This rule is designed to maintain an accurate leader-board. If a player needs to advance wager for any reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Challenge Officials will decide if an advance wager will affect the integrity of the leader-board. All decisions of the Challenge Officials are final and penalties for violating this rule will be at the sole discretion of Challenge officials.
- Scratches/Non-Starters: If a horse is scratched after a wager is placed, it is the player’s responsibility to change his/her selection prior to the race subject to all other Challenge wagering rules. If a player is unable to change his/her selection(s) due to a gate scratch or late scratch, DMTC Challenge officials will rule on a case by case basis whether the scratch prohibited the player from wagering the minimum amount of races or minimum Challenge total. The player may not be assessed a penalty for such particular action (but still may be subject to penalties in the future) for falling short of the Challenge wagering rules assuming he/she had placed wagers on the specific scratched horse and those wagers would have surpassed minimum per race requirements. No penalties will be assessed on wagers involving any horses ruled as non-starters by stewards.
- Ties: In the result of a tie, cash prize money will be divided equally among the players involved. If there is a tie for the last prize position that offers a BCBC or NHC, the player with the most money wagered during the Challenge will be declared the winner. If there is still a tie, the player with the most money wagered in the last Challenge race, then, most money wagered in the second to last race, etc., until a winner is declared.
- Taxes and Withholding: For any wager that triggers tax withholding, the withholding amount will be automatically deducted from the player’s bankroll. For Challenge scoring purposes, withholding is added back into the player’s score. Liability for any and all federal or state taxes is solely the responsibility of prize winners. Without a valid taxpayer identification number (TIN), prize award payouts will be subject to backup withholdings of 30%. A California tax withholding of 7% may apply to cash prize winners residing outside of California when the total payments or distributions is greater than $1,500 for the calendar year.
- Standings: A standings link will be emailed to entrants. Officials will endeavor to update the standings shortly after each race but various issues could delay the process. All standings are unofficial until the final results are audited. Players are encouraged to maintain an accurate record of their wagers and scoring.
- Eligibility: Players must be at least 18 years of age to participate in the Challenge and at least 21 years old to qualify for the NHC in Las Vegas. If a player is not 21 by the start of the NHC or unable to participate for any reason, the next highest finisher will take his/her place. The following are ineligible to participate: Licensed Trainers, employees of the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club (DMTC) or any of their subsidiaries or members of the immediate families of the foregoing. Horse owners must declare ownership of their horses entered in any Challenge race to Challenge Officials before the first Del Mar race. In races involving horse owners with a horse in any contest race, the horse owners must wager according to the California Horse Racing Board rules. No owner, authorized agent or trainer having a horse entered in a race shall wager on, or include in any wager, any other horse competing in such races to finish first regardless of whether such wager is "exotic" or "conventional”. Online participants must have a valid TVG or 4NJBets account and be a legal resident of one of the following states: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey (under 4NJBets), New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming.
- Judging and Disputes: Each participant acknowledges and expressly agrees that DMTC, through its management, shall have the sole and exclusive right to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to the Challenge and all decisions of DMTC shall be final and binding and by entering each participant waives and forever relinquishes any and all claims for damage or recourse of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether legal, equitable or otherwise. DMTC reserves the right to amend the rules and change, alter or cancel the Challenge at any time for any reason or no reason without prior notice. If for any reason there is a cancellation of races, the contest may be based on the races completed during the event or substitute races may be assigned by Challenge Officials. All players must make their own selections independently of every other player in the contest. Participants are prohibited from coordinating their selections with other players, such as two or more players coordinating multiple bankrolls wagering on one particular race and covering several different horses in a pattern that would be viewed as an unfair advantage. If DMTC concludes, in their sole and absolute discretion: (1) a player engaged in or attempted to engage in any act that compromises or could compromise the competitive integrity of the Challenge; (2) tampered with or attempted to tamper with the betting process and/or operation of the Challenge or any player; (3) acted in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, coerce or harass any other player, then such player will be disqualified. Players with two entries are permitted to play the entries in their own names in any way they wish.
- Release and Waiver of Liability: By participating in the Challenge, participants agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of Del Mar and ODS Technologies, L.P. d/b/a TVG Network (“TVG”) and each of their respective corporate affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever (however named or described) for injuries, death, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with: (i) your participation in the Challenge; and (ii) the receipt, use or misuse of any prizes awarded in connection therewith, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Challenge-related activity, including those damages caused by any Released Party’s own negligence. Del Mar and TVG expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any prizes awarded in connection with the Challenge. In consideration for receipt of any prize awarded in connection with the Challenge, each individual hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of such individual’s name, photograph, likeness (including his/her voice), biographical information and statements concerning the Challenge, in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Del Mar, TVG and each of their respective corporate affiliates. All players acknowledge that if they enter the Challenge under a fraudulent name and/or Social Security number, they will be immediately disqualified from this and all future contests held by DMTC. Positive identification is required of all prizewinners.
- Notice to Online Participants: The Released Parties shall not be liable for problems uploading or downloading any Challenge-related information from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by TVG on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the Challenge. If applicable, mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices will be disqualified, as well as any individual participant determined to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Challenge or TVG web site or otherwise acting in violation of these Rules and Regulations.
- ODS Technologies, L.P. d/b/a TVG Network is not a sponsor of the Challenge.
Last Updated 11/22/21