Del Mar 2017 Summer Season Rules
2017 Del Mar Summer On-Line Contest
Wednesday, July 19 - Monday, September 4
- Format: The Contest is free to enter. Participants place mythical wagers on one designated Del Mar race per racing day beginning July 19, 2017 and ending September 4, 2017. On occasion, a top stakes race from another track will be added. Win, Place, Show or Exacta wagers only. Contestants may place as many wagers in as many different combinations for a total of up to $100 per race. In order to be eligible to win any prize offered, contestants must wager on a minimum of 20 races. For a race to count for the minimum number requirement, the full $100 must be wagered. Wagers less than $100 will be scored but will not count towards the minimum number of races to qualify for prizes. One entry per person. Contestants must place and submit their own wagers and anyone found to be submitting selections for more than one entry will be disqualified.
- Scoring: The contestant with the highest mythical score after the last Contest race is the winner. THERE IS A PAYOFF ODDS CAP OF 75-TO-1 ON EXACTAS. The mythical bankroll is scored like live money. For example, a $100 wager that losses will result in a -$100 score.
- Grand Prizes: The top TWO finishers will receive entry into the $2.5 million National Horseplayers Championship (NHC) in Las Vegas in February, 2018. A $1,000 travel and hotel stipend will be awarded to each qualifier for the NHC. Contestants do not need to be a NHC Tour member to win an entry. NHC winners may not transfer their entry to another. Grand Prize winners will be required to produce a valid photo I.D. showing the name and address used to enroll in the contest.
- Top 50 Prizes: The top 50 finishers will receive Del Mar prizes. Winners will select from various Del Mar related prize options determined by their finishing position. There will be no substitution of prizes and no cash paid in lieu of stated prizes. The top 50 will be determined from among contestants who wagered on 20 or more races during the course of the contest.
- Eligibility: Players must be at least 18 years of age to participate. The following are ineligible to participate: employees of the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club (DMTC), Select Web Ventures, Licensed Thoroughbred Trainers, or any of their subsidiaries or members of the immediate families of the foregoing. Only residents of the United States and Canada may win prizes. Residents of other countries are not eligible to win any prizes. Void where prohibited by law.
- NHC Eligibility & NHC Tour Points: Contestants do not need to be a NHC Tour member to win one of the two Grand Prize NHC entries. If a contestant is double qualified for the NHC at the time of completion of the contest, the NHC entry will go to the next highest eligible finisher. NHC Tour members will be awarded points depending on the finish in comparison to all contestants. In order to be eligible for Tour points, contestants must wager $100 on a minimum of 20 races. It is the NHC Tour member's responsibility to enter their NHC PIN number before the start of the Contest. For more information about the NHC Tour or to join, visit the NTRA Website.
- Placing Contest Wagers: The designated race each day will be a race deemed to offer a competitive wagering challenge. Management reserves the right to select any race as a contest race. For the convenience of contestants, past performances for contest races will generally be available around Noon (PDT) the day before the race is run. Participants may change or cancel their plays at any time up to the Contest closing time of the race, generally the scheduled post time. To change your wagers for a contest race, click on the link for that date under "Upcoming Races." If a horse is scratched after a wager is placed, it is the player’s responsibility to change his/her selection prior to the race subject to all other contest wagering rules.
- Ties: If there is a tie for the second spot and NHC entry, the player with the most days of full $100 wagers will be declared the winner. If there is still a tie, the most money earned on the last contest race day, then second to last contest day, etc. until a winner is declared. Only a total of two entries to the National Handicapping Championship will be awarded. Should either of the top two finishers be ineligible for the grand prize, that prize will be awarded to the next highest-finishing qualifier.
- Conduct of Contest: Contest races will be available for participant entry as soon as possible. There are no guarantees of a minimum time a race will be available. However, due to the vagaries of electronic delivery, some races may be available sooner than others and some may not be available at all. Because contest races may be open before the program is finalized, contest numbers will often not match program numbers. If, for some reason, a race is not made available or other technical issues arise, the contest administrators reserve the right to reduce the minimum entry eligibility requirements.
- Judging and Disputes: DMTC through its management, reserves the exclusive right to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to this Contest without claim for damage or recourse of any kind. All questions not covered in these rules will be decided by the management of the DMTC with those decisions to be final. DMTC reserves the right to change or cancel the Contest at any time. Contestants must place and submit their own wagers and anyone found to be submitting selections for more than one entry will be disqualified. Collusion or consolidation of entries is prohibited, as is any attempt to manipulate the results of the Contest. Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and Select Web Ventures bear no responsibilities for any errors. In the event errors are detected, the contest administrators agree to do whatever possible to correct mistakes.