Del Mar Online Racing Community
A place to mingle, get to know one-another, and chat about topics that aren't directly horse-racing related.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Just catching up on today's football. Iowa finally couldn't pull off another come from behind win against a lesser team and will drop. The TCU Horned Frogs rolled another conference opponent, but face their second ranked opponent next week in the showdown with Utah for the conference title. I'm rooting for them and hope they get to play in a BCS game against a big name highly ranked opponent so we get a better idea of just how good the Frogs are. Oregon's loss could leave the Pac 10 without a top 10 team, but USC could get there after their close win (I'm sure they'll be passing LSU again despite the Tigers two losses to the #1 and #3 teams in the country, arrgh). Alabama and Florida continued their collision course in the SEC Championship game. For the sake of argument, does it seem fair if (big if) Texas were to lose before the end of the season, that the loser of a 1-2 undefeated matchup in the SEC championship game gets eliminated from BCS title game with their only loss being to the #1 team in the country at the end of the season. I could maybe see it if there was another undefeated team out there, but if there are no other undefeated teams, it would seem unjust. Although this year probably isn't the best example, because I think there will be 4 undefeated teams when the dust settles and two of them are going to be on the outside looking in due to their lesser conference affiliation.
I wonder if Boise State can trade places with Washington State in the Pac 10 and TCU trade places with Baylor in the Big 12.
"I'm Winston Wolf. I solve problems."
ND loses--(yeah you almost forgot)
My Giants are on a self destruct mission. They need the bye and they need teams that cant pass, (Swiss Cheese Secondary)
1994 Stanley Cup Champion
Weis should be gone. Not even the "devil" known as Ty Willingham managed to lose to Navy. If Weis goes, Urban Meyer enters ND. Money talks and the amount of money ND is willing to pay a coach to win titles- well that is just too much to turn down. JMO.
I didn't get to watch much CFB this weekend. Had daughter basketball obligations and of course the BC, but some thoughts here:
- Thank you Oregon for making me look like an ass on this board. They were exposed. Someone should teach the concept of D in Eugene
- Speaking of D, nice job by the blackshirts in Lincoln. Good win for Pelini
- I'm speechless when it comes to Notre Dame. Charlie Weiss is an arrogant overrated coach. In his post game press conference I believe I heard something to the affect that he will not change his coaching style. He should change at least part of it, because what he's doing isn't working.
- I take great joy in Michigan losing...better yet, Rich Rodriguez losing
- I agree with the request to get rid of Washington State in the Pac 10. The local spin is pretty funny though
- Not sure who should win the Heisman, but it better not be Tebow. I love the guy and how he plays, but his play in my opinion for this year doesn't warrant it.
- Nice to see a team that doesn't schedule tough opponents for non conference games and don't travel get exposed. Yes, I'm looking at you Penn St. Akron, Temple, Syracuse and Eastern Illinois all at home tells us nothing.\
- Sorry to see the Dukies lose, was hoping they could somehow make their way to the ACC championship game
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest