Del Mar Online Racing Community
A place to mingle, get to know one-another, and chat about topics that aren't directly horse-racing related.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Well mooks and mookettes this is the biggest contest in the world.I talked to Jay the sportsbook
manager and he predicts 1st place this year will be in the ballpark of 550K.
Here is my suggestion. We get 5 players at 300.00 each and take this Mofo down. What say you?
LVH SuperContest Fast Facts
• Entry fee $1,500 & contestants must be 21 years of age
• Contestants pick 5 pro games against the spread each week
• Prize money is based on number of entries and the top 30 get the cash
• Proxy’s are accepted and must enter in person
• Weekly selections are due at 11:00AM each Saturday
• Past winners have collected $207K, $220K, $303K, $259K, $310K, and $447K (2012)
• Final sign-up deadline for the 2013 contest is 11:00AM Saturday, September 7th
I believe this is the same tournament ProRo won 9 of the last 10 years.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Avatar: My cuzin Isaac Murphy - a jock I'm tying to emulate in character and winning percentage - almost 47% lifetime.
I really like this contest and am trying to put together a group but it's not looking good. Wussies say they can do it but when it comes to their own money no go. I can do it if you are looking for a 1/5th:)
i played in this one last year. split the field. for the cash challenged but it was fun.
We had a nice turnout last year ( 49 PAID Entries ) http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=920286
Had $7,350 in the Pot and the Winner ( gijoe ) took home $3307.50 !!
Ok, This will be a Post Up Contest held here at The RX.
Once you post that you are IN, I will forward you the Information as to where and How you can send your Payment in.
* If you are Playing in Both This and the College Challenge Contest, you may pay Both Together.
Here's the Breakdown of the Prizes:
Prize Pool : ???
1st Place xxxxxx(45%) =
2nd Place xxxxxx (20%) =
3rd Place xxxxxx (10%) =
4th Place xxxxxx (7%) =
5th-10th xxxxxx (3%) =
1. The season long non-refundable entry fee is $150.00. Entries accepted Until Sept.2nd 2013 ( you have until Sept. 3rd 2013 to get your Payment in )
2. Each contestant will use his RX user name ONLY. ( No Team names )
3. Actual cash prizes will be based on total number of contestants ( will be posted on or around Sept 5th )
4. This Contest is based on picking winning teams against the Spread.Contestants must select five teams per week.( Sides Only ) Contestants may not select both sides of a game of the same game.
5. Contest winners will be determined by the total number of points accumulated during the NFL Football regular season. Each winning selection will be credited as one point. Ties (pushes) count as one half point.
6. Contestants must submit their weekly selections by 5 pm Eastern time each Saturday afternoon, except when contestant wishes to use any game that starts before the deadline. If a contestant wishes to use any game that is scheduled to start before this deadline, ( ie, Wed, Thur or Sat game ) their weekly selections must be submitted prior to the start of those games. Any contestant who fails to submit weekly selections by 5:00 pm Eastern time on Saturday will be awarded zero points that week. This time deadline will be strictly enforced.
7. Weekly Lines will be Posted Each Wednesday Night ( will use LVH Lines )
* Please note if game is Off the Board, you can NOT use that Game.
8. Tie-breaking rules:
Tie-breaking rules will be applied to determine first place only. Entries tying for second through 10th place, will equally split aggregate prize money from the respective place. If ties exist after the NFL Football regular season for first place, the champion will be determined based on the entry that accumulated the most contest points during the final three weeks of the regular season. If total points accumulated during the final three weeks is equal most points accumulated during the fourth to the final week will determine the winner, and so on weekly (in reverse order), until the tie is broken.
In the unlikely occurrence of a tie after the tie-breakers, co-champions will be declared and the aggregate prize money will be split equally.
* We are working on a Form to make your Weekly Picks. Picks will then be released after the 5pm Saturday Deadline.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests