I was perusing eBay looking for BC tix and came across this. I seem to recall someone was getting into the business. Never heard how it turned out...
Getting Started With The Alpaca Lifestyle ...
The Alpaca Farming Information You Need To Know About In Your Critical First Year In The Alpaca Farming Business
* Find out how much land is needed for alpacas to stay happy and healthy (and how you can get started, even if you don't have enough)!
* Find out exactly what each of these experts did, step by step, during their first year raising alpacas, so you'll really know what to expect! (and so you can learn from their mistakes)
* Find out ALL the top factors involved in choosing the right farm and pastures
* Discover what's involved in deciding how much land you will need
* Learn the common characteristics found in most alpaca owners
* See exactly what it is about the alpaca lifestyle that they absolutely love, and why you'll love it too!
* Find out what spending time with their alpacas means to each of them personally, and discover some of the stress-reducing benefits you can expect when you're surrounded by these lovely animals!
* Discover all the details of a day in the life on an alpaca breeder ... from sunrise to sunset
* See what it's like taking care of alpacas in summers and winters (so you'll know what to do in both cold and warm weather)
* Half a dozen simple but crucial questions you should ask any alpaca breeder before doing any business with them!
* Learn from the 'beginnings' each of these experts had in the field, and see how it can help you start your personal journey into the alpaca farming business
* Learn the different prices for alpacas including: foundation breeding animals, show animals and alpacas with deep genetics
* See how much time and money it takes to set up your property
* Find out approximately how much you need to spend in your first year of business (1) if you do it on your own land and; (2) if you finance your 1st purchase and initially board your alpaca with the breeder
* See how to get started when you don't have enough money or land!
* Learn from the expensive mistakes some of these breeders made early on.
* The top three things you should look for (and ask about) when buying a pregnant female
* Discover the different types of personalities alpacas can have (and how to choose the best kind)
* What a pet alpaca or companion animal costs and why this is within anyone's alpaca budget
* Find out what these breeders would do differently if they could start over again!
* A simple system of working your pasture so you get to feed your alpacas while saving money during the year.