Del Mar Online Racing Community
A place to mingle, get to know one-another, and chat about topics that aren't directly horse-racing related.
Been an interesting first part of the day for CFB, some observations:
- Notre Dame, you are the worst 5-2 team I can remember.
- Speaking of Notre Dame, I think Golden Tate should be the Irish player getting Heisman consideration, not Jimmy C.
- Some people might say that the UT/Bama game was a great game, I'm one who wouldn't. Boring and Bama is lucky they have a Mountain in the middle. I don't mind good defensive battles, but these offenses are so void of imagination. (Beckron Disclaimer...Championship teams tend to have one or two games that they should have lost throughout the year. I think this was one for you. Your team will be ready to Roll next time out against LSU me thinks)
- Oregon is for real and I predict will beat USC at home. (Sorry Ogy)
- Congrats to Clemson for beating Miami, but their coach should be fired for the way he ran the clock at the end of regulation. Should have easily had enough time for two cracks at the end zone. He's lucky they won in overtime.
- Michigan got what they deserved today. After putting up 63 and 700+ yards against Delaware St., they needed to be reminded that they are still a ways away.
- Does anyone else quietly root for David Cutcliffe and Duke? I hate them in basketball, but its fun to see a program that hasn't had life, start to get some. Poor Ralph Friegden though.
- The Big 12 North continues to be the South's female dog and just god awful. That however can all be changed with a Missouri home win over the Longhorns tonight.
- And finally, congrats to Washington State for beating California...
... oh wait, they just beat them in the second qtr outscoring them 14-7. They are getting their weekly drubbing as the game is 49-17 late in the fourth qtr. Giving up 28 in the first 15 minutes will not win you many games.
What do others out there think of today's games that have already taken place?
-No one deserves to be #1
-Iowa State's offense should be ashamed of only getting 9 points on 8 Nebraska Turnovers while Nebraska's Offense should all be benched for that performance.
-Maybe it's me, but it sure seems like CF has a lot of parity this year than in the last couple years
-Washington State did win...
If you added in the 35 point underdogs they were.
I'll give TCU their credit because they came to play tonight, but I think BYU was exposed when they lost to FSU at home. TCU deserves their ranking and I personally believe BYU wasn't/isn't as good as their #16 Ranking. JMO.
-Florida's offense is anemic, but their Defense is EVERY BIT as good as advertised. Them and Bama have the 2 best D's in College Football
-Dustin Doe put that ball away you wanna be DeSean Jackson. WTF are you thinking? It is a good thing the refs couldn't find indisputable video evidence to overturn that bonehead play. (Personally, I think it was a fumble and recovery by the Miss St player).
They are very good. They have an excellent defense, good special teams, they're well-coached and their toughest game left is Utah at home. They won on the road at Virginia and Clemson (who beat #10 Miami today). Not that those two are great teams but I doubt there are many big teams wanting to schedule TCU as a non-conference game. Having toured the school with my daughter, I find their success pretty remarkable. It is a very small school, but they do have the bountiful Texas high schools to recruit from (92 of the 112 players listed on the roster are from Texas) and there is a lot of money that flows into the school from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Superfrog is a pretty cool mascot as well.
The Big 12 North is a joke and has been for quite some time. The last five years the Big 12 championship game scores were...
all won by the South. Missouri was responsible for the last two debacles. Andy's Huskers gave Oklahoma the best game 3 years ago and Colorado made Missouri's scores look competitive. I don't see any teams from the North achieving Texas and Oklahoma levels anytime soon. I'd give Nebraska the best chance to get there, but I think that is even a longshot.
"I'm Winston Wolf. I solve problems."
Iowa is ranked #1 in every computer ranking except for 1 in regards to the BCS. Seriously Iowa is better than Bama, Florida, Texas, TCU, and/or USC? I've been a defender of the BCS, but the current system they use is used because of historical errors (2003 Season where USC and LSU had a split NC and 2004 undefeated Auburn team).
I know this usually works itself out, but I'm starting to see the light in regards to a Playoff in Division 1-A.
Notre Dame--most comical play of Saturday; Clausen breaks out of pocket and heads for the goal-line. As he nears it he starts one of those long-jump leaps into the endzone that will give his team a dramatic touchdown and most assuredly will make all of the hi-lite reels.
He doesn't get far--he jumps into his own man and gets knocked sideways out of bounds. No touchdown. Every Irish fan MUST have been hiding eyes in embarrassment after that play. It really was that bad.
Clausen--stay in the pocket, my friend. Please do not let your feet do the talking.
"The bill approved in Congress to avert the so-called fiscal cliff would bring the first major tax increase on high earners in 20 years."
Wall Street Journal, Jan 2nd 2013
Nebraska has a great front seven on D ,but offense is so bad ,plus injury bug hit them at thin position spots.Play calling is so plain jane ,long drives of 9 minutes or so are too prone to mistakes. QB change may help this week vs Baylor,then OKLA...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest