Del Mar Online Racing Community
A place to mingle, get to know one-another, and chat about topics that aren't directly horse-racing related.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
Thanks, hunchback -- I have a pile of work to do this afternoon but have been looking at the awkward pix instead!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."
-- Thomas Jefferson
Finally time for the bump-up (yes am OCD enuf to have bookmarked) Guess everybody is taking off work Wednesday because that’s all have heard all morning, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving” - am like it’s not until Thursday for chrissake lol… If don’t get a chance to say it, hope everyone has a good one, minus any “Marney” …
Awkward Family Story: The Thanksgiving Letter
As you all know a fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner does not make itself. I need to ask each of you to help by bringing something to complete the meal. I truly appreciate your offers to assist with the meal preparation.
Now, while I do have quite a sense of humor and joke around all the time, I COULD NOT BE MORE SERIOUS when I am providing you with your Thanksgiving instructions and orders. I am very particular, so please perform your task EXACTLY as I have requested and read your portion very carefully. If I ask you to bring your offering in a container that has a lid, bring your offering in a container WITH A LID, NOT ALUMINUM FOIL! If I ask you to bring a serving spoon for your dish, BRING A SERVING SPOON, NOT A SOUP SPOON! And please do not forget anything.
All food that is to be cooked should already be prepared, bring it hot and ready to serve, warm or room temp. These are your ONLY THREE options. Anything meant to be served cold should, of course, already be cold.
The Mike Byron Family
1. Turnips in a casserole with a lid and a serving spoon. Please do not fill the casserole all the way up to the top, it gets too messy. I know this may come as a bit of a surprise to you, but most of us hate turnips so don’t feel like you a have to feed an army.
2. Two half gallons of ice cream, one must be VANILLA, I don’t care what the other one is. No store brands please. I did see an ad this morning for Hagan Daz Peppermint Bark Ice Cream, yum!! (no pressure here, though).
3. Toppings for the ice cream.
4. A case of bottled water, NOT gallons, any brand is ok.
The Bob Byron Family
1. Green beans or asparagus (not both) in a casserole with a lid and a serving spoon. If you are making the green beans, please prepare FOUR pounds, if you are making asparagus please prepare FIVE pounds. It is up to you how you wish to prepare them, no soupy sauces, no cheese (you know how Mike is), a light sprinkling of toasted nuts, or pancetta, or some EVOO would be a nice way to jazz them up.
2. A case of beer of your choice (I have Coors Light and Corona) or a bottle of clos du bois chardonnay (you will have to let me know which you will bring prior to 11/22).
The Lisa Byron Chesterford Family
1. Lisa as a married woman you are now required to contribute at the adult level. You can bring an hors d’ouvres. A few helpful hints/suggestions. Keep it very light, and non-filling, NO TAIL SAUCE, no beans of any kind. I think your best bet would be a platter of fresh veggies and dip. Not a huge platter mind you (i.e., not the plastic platter from the supermarket).
The Michelle Bobble Family
1. Stuffing in a casserole with a serving spoon. Please make the stuffing sans meat.
2. 2.5-3 qts. of mashed squash in a casserole with a lid and serving spoon
3. Proscuitto pin wheel - please stick to the recipe, no need to bring a plate.
4. A pie knife
The June Davis Family
1. 15 LBS of mashed potatoes in a casserole with a serving spoon. Please do not use the over-size blue serving dish you used last year. Because you are making such a large batch you can do one of two things: put half the mash in a regulation size casserole with lid and put the other half in a plastic container and we can just replenish with that or use two regulation size casserole dishes with lids. Only one serving spoon is needed.
2. A bottle of Clos du Bois chardonnay
The Amy Misto Family (why do I even bother she will never read this)
1. A pumpkin pie in a pie dish (please use my silver palate recipe) no knife needed.
2. An apple pie in a pie dish, you can use your own recipe, no knife needed.
Looking forward to the 26th!!
SafeBlog™ - This post has been reviewed, certified, and approved by a team of independent law professionals and subpoena deliverers. To file a complaint please click here.
am on a 30-day self-imposed ban from Wal-Mart after accidentally dropping a bottle of Sulfodene dog medication on the checkout conveyor belt and the lid broke and squirted the cashier smack in the eye and she was kind of blinded - then in the ensuing hubub to get the cashier medical attention the manager gave me the wrong change and I discovered it after getting out to the car but I went back in and got the money… true story …. moral of story: don’t ever pay with cash…
What in the world are you using sulfadene for?
it was for one of my wiener dogs, the fat one named Lil Ricky - his belly is so low-slung he gets wet grass itch - the cashier was screaming like it was battery acid - told her it was only dog medicine but that didn’t seem to calm her down much…
OH and to Wal-Mart’s credit they do carry the entire line of OdoBan products for pet accidents - it’s the BOMB…
I cannot imagine how loud I would scream if I got that stuff in my eyes. I'm surprised she isn't permanently impaired. My mother used to put it on our dog and it was like scalding a cat. What is in that stuff alcohol and yellow food coloring?
Sulfodene has an ungodly odor but is good stuff - hope she found a Jackie Chiles and pursued a claim - was a freak accident, the plastic seam on the bottle hit just the right way on glass scanner and it cracked and SPLAT… would definitely have testified on her behalf but they have no way to contact me since paid cash (!!)
Very addictive is Kitty Cannon. http://www.kitten-cannon.net/
If wishes were horses then beggars would ride-
& If dirt were dollars we'd all be in the black
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests