Del Mar Online Racing Community
Chat about horses, racing, and the industry.
I'm not surprised by the DQ. The stewards in So Cal are the MOST INCONSISTENT in the U.S. and probably the World. I thought there was a horse last week that bumped a hell of a lot harder and more apparent and stayed up, but I could be wrong. It's garbage and that's just one of the reasons why I don't play Cali anymore. Sorry to those who were wrongfully DQ'd.
I had no dog in this fight, but I thought it was a miserable decision.
Concur w/Derbetta's opinion that Miller's antics may have "sold" the stews on their course of action. Miller's on fire right now, and Carava can't seem to get a break.
Did the Carava lug in? Yes.
Should he have been disqualified for it? Probably not.
I say let 'em play......when human beings make the decisions regarding the outcome of a horse race, it scares me a bit. Raise the threshold of what constitutes a DQ....
This thread is . Posted about it yesterday
Del Mar Stewards
by DegenerationX » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:46 pm
Maybe Run the Town should be played instead of Bings tune to honor the stewards.
Life's a game but it's not fair
I break the rules so I don't care
So I keep doin' my own thing
Walkin' tall against the rain
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:29 pm
Mr. Super Bowl
If it is bet, they will take it.
I saw my first Trainers objection work out (to my benefit to boot) back at Churchill on June 5th in the finale. I remember walking out upset that I didn't have the winner in my pick 3. I was halfway out the door when I heard track Announcer Mark Johnson announce there was a trainers objection. Let's just say I stopped, turned around and was pleasantly surprised.
A few thoughts here:
1. Concur, The Wicked North was the worst ever.
2. Thought yesterday's DQ was legit. Just surprising cause there was no inquiry immediately after the race. Why wasn't there??
3. As soon as Matt Carrothers let it slip he had a win bet on the #2, I knew the horse was coming down. Haven't seen that dude hit a bet in 10 years of watching that TVG crap.
4. Peter Miller and the Barber brothers have connections nobody else has at Del Mar. Seriously, if that was almost anybody else calling the stewards, don't think the horse comes down.
5. Did anybody see the trifecta payoff???? 20-1 over 15-1 over 6-1 in a full field. The tri comes back $1045. HUH???????????????????? Did the Barbers hammer their horse that hard in the tri? Did the stewards hammer the horse in the tri? Did EVERYBODY hammer that horse in the tri? That is the most out-of-whack payout I have ever seen. Would be real interested to know what that thing paid if the #2 stayed on top.
6. The pick 4 posse follow-along on TVG wasn't actually half-bad. To get put up thru a DQ to win $500 was pretty cool. Plus, the chicks were hot.
Who is online