Nice to see a horse racing story in the LA Times this morning centering around the opening of Del Mar . It seems like each and every story they print revolves around the same checklist which they almost reached 100% on today.
1. Need to mention a horse breaking down (check)
2. Need to mention Hollywood closing down (check)
3. Need to mention Magna being broke and selling Santa Anita (check)
4. Need to talk about drugs and/or cheating (missed that one)
5. In any Del Mar story, must mention the last summer of dirt racing and number of deaths (check)
6. Badmouth synthetics (check)
7. Give a 1 sentance quote from Mr. Harper to make writer look like he went in depth (check)
With all the great/fun/wonderful things going on today and over the summer, I'm glad to see the Times doing their best to show the public what Del Mar has to offer. I will be looking forward to their next "racing" article when the next breakdown or track closure occurs.