Del Mar Online Racing Community
Chat about horses, racing, and the industry.
Anyone heading out? I will be there.
For those who can't make it, once again, I will try to spin and get a few extra calendars. Send me a PM if you would like one, and please include a mailing address.
I think Headley's beast, M One Rifle, will be running in the Malibu. Perhaps he can rebound off his latest, on BC Day? And if there is a God, then the following will also happen on 12/26:
1) I will have enough cash in hand to be dangerous;
2) I will refrain from betting on other tracks before the SA races start. If I am to lose my money, I want it to be on the local offerings.
3) Howie Zucker will have a first time starter in a maiden race that gets overlooked in the wagering.
4) There will be at least one entrant with Ogygian bloodlines.
5) There will be at least one entrant with Free House bloodlines.
6) Joe Talamo will let someone else win a race for a change.
7) I will enjoy at least 2, or maybe even 3 beers while at the track.
8) I will hit a fluky trifecta or Pick 3 that will result in a trip to the Derby, where I will regret buying dinner for perfect strangers.
9) I will visit my favorite Santa Anita employee......Rayetta from Benoit Photo. If there is a better person at the racetrack, I have not met him/her.
10) Headley's beast, M One Rifle, will dispose of the other speed, shake loose at the top of the lane, and just hold off the closers to win the Malibu in a desperate photo, paying $11.60 to win.
All for now, DMFF'ers. Check in on this thread for SA Opening Day thoughts. In my opinion, this is the ONLY day at the track that can rival Opening Day of Del Mar.
I will be there but I am off the M One Rifle bandwagon. Looking for another Proud Tower type winner, and the price wasn't bad either. Best single race take home for me on that one.
Avatar - Lords Table winning the Bull Rastus Handicap at Los Al, 9/9/05, Russel Hadley up.
I understand about jumping off the M One Rifle bandwagon, his last wasn't too inspiring, and he will be meeting much tougher in the Malibu. Curious to see what his price will be.
What a day Saturday will be....there's nothing like SA on the day after Christmas, it's just epic.
Family went to Santa every Dec. 26th, 1st one I remember I was around 5. Pops put me on his 6'5 shoulders at the infield rail, so I had a prime spot to see the horses charging down the stretch. Each kid was given 2- $2 bets to make as we wish. Of course both bets hit(my memory says around a $7 profit)as the racing Gods always demand. From then I was hooked. Most every friend I had growing up in L.A. loved the races, but alas a few decades later I am the only one of a large group that still has any interest in our sport. Still salivate as much for Dec. 26th as ever. As an adult I've had to miss a few of those live openings(mostly due to living in other states), but I'm gonna have to miss this live one too. My spirit will be there too, and maybe when you see a kid on his or her dad's shoulders you'll think of me. And may you have the luck of the Irish that I had on that first racing day.
Fredo & I can't make it this year, but will be there in spirit for sure.
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and as AC in the chat always says, PICK SOME WINNERS!!!!!
AG & Fredo
P.S. If anyone has an extra calendar when it's all said & done, we would be very appreciative....
Avatar = SACRED LIGHT
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Sun Devil and 11 guests