Del Mar Online Racing Community
Chat about horses, racing, and the industry.
Hold on guys before you comment -think about this
Del Mar has their act together, superior management, great racing, great location, and most important , they cater to the customer concerns.
Now , I know Fredo has been to a lot of tracks, so has DX, & Vince P,
Now the big question, what major problems due you see at other tracks that can take a lesson from Del Mar
At least Del Mar tells it like it is.
A lot of guests will be looking at this thread.
again, Now, please think before you comment.
Last edited by Igeteven on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
do you ever focking shut up?ever?
What sets Del Mar apart from the other tracks in Southern California:
- Location! Amazing location, San Diego is a great escape
- Time! Their met is in the middle of summer and is a small enough window which creates excitement and urgency to visit the track
- Atmosphere! Beautiful track, friendly atmosphere, inviting ambiance
- Marketing Department! They get it! They can create value at the track and promotions which bring in both the experience handicap, and the novice race fan.
- AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON = THE TRACK IS A NON-PROFIT TRACK! This aspect sets themselves apart from other tracks because instead of using profits to pay ownership or bonuses to management, the money is used to refurbish the track and improve the purses.
Santa Anita is making some excellent ground thanks in large part to Chris Quinn who is doing a very impressive job as their VP of Business Development.
Hollywood Park........... well.......
Individuals meets need to create urgency to visit the track. In my opinion, having 3 to 4 month long meets does not help tracks. If meets at each track was no longer than 7-8 weeks, you would create more urgency and excitement.
Just food for thought..............
Del Mar is customer centric
Santa Anita is doing a good job and are 90% customer centric
Hollywood Park............... (insert your thought)
Know you're originally from OZ so all is forgiven, but please stop with the combo words "urgency and excitement" it sounds like a bout of IBD is about to develop ???
Being that Chris Quinn hasn't worked at Santa Anita for eight months (he now works for the Detroit Pistons), I would doubt he's had much to do with the "excellent ground they've made"....
It is a lot easier to do things right when you have a seven week meet once a year, do not have to facilitate to people year round and have the best dates possible (in the middle of summer when there is no school, people take vacations and racing is at it's zenith). Del Mar has great people working for them as well, but a boutique meet is far different than being open for months at a time..
Last edited by Claimboxx on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I sure won more $$$ at SA Wednesday than I have HP, GP, FG or DM opening days.
Fun is fun, but profit is how I keep score.
Thank God for the Federal Reserve. You can't have big government or big wars without them.
Who is online