Guy, I know we have our differences but we all love this game. Sadly it dying but here what I would like to see in the Sports Of Kings to get back to royalty. Chime in on your ideas. I know I am leaving some things out
1) Lower the takeout. I know this is on everyone’s list. I would like to see the WPS pool to 10% ( I never bet into the pool anyway but this would help horse racing)
2) Develop a players rewards program like hotels, casinos airlines etc.
3) I would like to see less racing days in the week but more races on those days. Friday, Saturday and Sunday with 14 races per day
4) Less minutes in between posts. We are competing with today’s audience of wanting action all the time. Cut from 25-30 minutes to 15-20 minutes
5) Hold more tournaments both on track and online. Right now horse racing has an opportunity with poker offline for now to get a piece of this market. In order for this to work have bigger purses, meaning the track or contest sites to have added money in them to increase the pots. If you build it they will come. The reason why poker took off is people love the idea of a low buy in to win big.
6) This would never happen but we can dream right? I would love to see a Marquee Circuit Meaning you take the Top 20 Jockeys, top 40 trainers or 50 in money won and race on a Major League Circuit.
Winter (Jan.Feb.March) would be Southern California (Santa Anita)
Spring (April,May) Kentucky (Lexington,Churchill)
Summer (June,July,August) New York (Belmont,Saratoga)
Late Summer (September)(Del Mar)
Championship Season (October,beginning of November) would be where the Breeder’s Cup would be held at. Santa Anita, Belmont, and Churchill on a rotating basis.
End the season after breeders Cup. Horse racing needs a season not year round. It would work like soccer the bottom 4 in Jockey and bottom 8 in trainers would be relegated to the Minor League Circuit for the following year. (Hollywood, Aqueduct,Oaklawn,Gulfstream,Arlington,Monmouth)