Forum participants must sign up for a Del Mar Thoroughbred Club Online Profile at http://www.dmtc.com/mydelmar/ in order to post the DMTC Fan Forum.
Users must provide their true name and address information when signing up as well as a permanent email address (no use of temporary "forwarding" services). False and/or misleading information may not be used in sign-up information or username. Using or implying the name or identity of another person, either through username of posted information/insinuation is specifically prohibited.
Posters may have one, and only one, identity (Del Mar Online Profile) for posting to the Forum and related Chat Room.
The setting up or use of another Del Mar Online Profile to gain access to the Forum after having been suspended or banned is grounds for permanent blocking of access to the entire site.
Registration is not required merely to read the postings of others.
Participation in the DMTC Fan Forum:
DMTC Fan Forum is provided for the information and enjoyment of racing fans wishing to share information and opinions on racing-related topics as well as their racing selections.
"Digressions" forum provides members of the Fan Forum community to discuss other areas of interest. (The less structured nature of forum does NOT mean that rules don't apply!) The former “Heated Topics” Forum has been eliminated. If you want to get involved in discussions or partisan politics, religion, etc. there are plenty of places out there where your can do so.
- The messages posted on these forums express the opinions of their respective authors and not those of the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club or the moderators and consequently, they cannot be held responsible of the discussions. By enrolling in this forum, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
- Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critiques, obscene language, vulgarities, and more generally any message contravening laws are prohibited.
- Messages that promote or encourage illegal practices are prohibited.
- Using the Forum to advertise or promote commercial products or services without permission from the DMTC moderators is prohibited.
- Information that comes from another source must be credited and a link provided, if available. Whenever possible, users will copy and paste only an excerpt from the article, allowing readers to click through to the original. Writings are not to be posted in violation of copyright restrictions. Articles and other materials for which a paid subscription is required may not be posted.
The moderators of this forum will edit or remove offensive messages as soon as possible. However, it is not feasible to review all the messages immediately. Users who spot offensive messages or other violations of Forum rules should notify the moderators by PM. Clicking on the “Report Abuse” button will send a PM to the Forum Moderators.
Enforcement of Regulations
Any message violating the guidelines above will be edited or removed without additional notice. Any abuse will involve suspension of the offending poster, the permanent cancellation of posting privileges and, in extreme cases, blocking of the poster's access to the DMTC site.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club reserves the right to contact an offending poster's access provider and/or the legal authorities of any excessive or illegal behavior. An IP address for each posting is recorded in order to enable the enforcement of regulations.
By clicking on "I agree to these terms" below:
- You acknowledge to have fully read these current rules;
- You commit yourself to respect and follow these current rules;
- You grant the moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any discussion subject at any moment.